Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dear Auntie Pandy,

Aunty Pandy, here's what we've been doing:

Margaret has bangs. We hope that now that she can see, she'll be interested in learning to walk. So far, she's just interested in puppies and opening cabinet doors. These are her passions.

Hugh is the same. He knows who he is and what he wants. He is funny and wants plain tortilla chips.

We are still very religious and enjoy fake live wax museums, as you would expect. Owen chose "Joseph Smith" as his "Great American" project. He got his first choice. He wrote the speech and made the poster himself. Then he made a button on his hand and stood perfectly still until you pressed it, then he recited his memorized speech and when he was done, froze again. Owen is still really good looking. . .

. . . and so is Topher. Hugh and Margaret are getting used to going to Edgemont for this and that.

We saw James at a corporate gig and made up alternative lyrics back stage in true Valentine fashion. Speaking of Valentine fashion, we missed you.

I wasn't kidding about going over to Edgemont a lot. Here we are at the science fair. Miles determined that everyone has a blind spot (except octopuses--and don't say octupie, I already made that mistake.) I don't think Batman is convinced, do you?

Sometimes to wind down we all play the piano. Margaret isn't very good (but it's okay because she's pretty.)

These are my little Valentine's at (shocker) the Edgemont Valentine's Party. Hugh ate his weight in conversation hearts.

Love you! Write Back! You're cute and sweet!
xo Lisa

11 comments:

Amy said...

Those children are much, much too cute. And I loved both Owen and Miles' projects. . .they were nicely done, yet showed that you didn't do it all for them, like some of the other parents. And, let's be honest, I'll be SO SO tempted to do it all myself, too.

kacy faulconer said...

I hope you encourage all of Margaret's passions--especially the puppies.

Hailey said...

What, was Phoebe on a cruise? ;^)

Lisa said...

It's hard to let the children do it themselves. I did get a perfect score on MY sixth grade science fair project and I got my picture in the paper, LET'S NOT FORGET THAT!!! So. . .yeah, I appreciate you acknowledging how difficult it is for me to provide supplies, encouragement, some ideas and . . . step. . .away. . . from . . . the . .. project.

Poor Margaret doesn't realize that she will never get a puppy. In our house she will just get "to act" like one. So sad!

Lisa said...

Phoebe was outside playing with Ethan. . . making soup.

Shawn said...

margaret looks so old---and its only been a month since I snuggled her!

Such an adorable family---I must say...and kudos to all the projects! I just typed Aydans last night, and kept cringing at the typos---but oh, well, what do you do?

Vern said...

Dude! Tiger Woods was at your science fair?! He looks so young there! (srsly - don't you think that kid looks like Tiger?)

Tonia Z said...

found your blog on "blogs you might know"... which I always browse. EDGEMONT caught my eye, because I teach kids from Edgemont (when they hit 7th grade @ CMS). Love your blog. Your kids are adorable. Tonia Snow Fraser

Amanda Valentine said...

topher is wearing my Christmas present!!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Aunt Pandy,

I heard Owen's Joseph Smith report and I must agree. It was very touching . . . and I don't mean the part about pushing the button for the "wax figure" to come to life.

And, as we are Aunts to the same five children, I must concur that Margot's bangs are the cutest set of bangs that any child on this earth has ever had.

And Phoebe told me today that her new refrigerator was "very beautiful" which didn't strike me as funny until an hour ago.

And so, Aunt Pandy, it is good to chat with you here. And therefore.

Shawn said...

Hey girl---get on over to my site---I am having a GIVEAWAY!!!