Wednesday, August 27, 2008

AUCTION




Here's my offering for Nie Nie Day.*** (I'm shameless. I'm cashing in on my little brother's success. But at least it's for a great cause, right?!) I'm opening the bid right now, and I will close it on Thursday September 4th 10 pm MST. 100% of the money from these auctions will go directly to the Nie Nie Recovery Fund.

AUCTION #1: A GUITAR (NEW) SIGNED BY MAROON5 Bidding starts at: $300

AUCTION #2: 2 TICKETS TO THE SEPTEMBER 10TH MAROON5 & COUNTING CROWS CONCERT IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA AT THE CRICKET WIRELESS PAVILLION Bidding starts at: $150

AUCTION #3: 2 TICKETS TO THE SEPTEMBER 10TH MAROON5 & COUNTING CROWS CONCERT IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA AT THE CRICET WIRELESS PAVILLION Bidding starts at: $150

*Thanks Jimmy V! I love you!* (and not in a creepy stalker way, but with awesome sisterly love)

How to Bid: Leave a comment in the comment section below with your bid amount. Bid increments must be no less than $1.00. The winner will submit payment to the Stephanie Nielson Fund Paypal Account and send the receipt to me to receive their prize.


***Design Mom, my dear friend, Gabby Blair, has made today "Nie Nie Day." There are auctions all over the blog world today, and all of the proceeds for all various items will go to Stephanie and Christian and their dear little family.

Here's what Gabby has to say about it:

NIE NIE DAY
When tragedy strikes someone we love, our hearts swell, and the urge to take action is almost relentless. I know many of us are feeling that way about Stephanie and Christian. We want to take action. To do something. Some of us know them personally. Some of us know them through Nie Nie Dialogues. Some of us just heard about them and can't seem to think of anything else.

Well. I am still feeling that urge to take action. So here I go. I'm officially declaring next Thursday, August 28th, Nie Nie Day. The plan: instead of my usual Giveaway, I'll be hosting a silent auction at Design Mom. With all proceeds going directly to the Stephanie & Christian Paypal fund. What's the prize? Well Ms. Impatient. You'll just have to wait until Thursday to find out. Although I promise it will be great. And something that Stephanie would love.






For other AWESOME AUCTIONS check out:

Design Mom and Nie Nie's Benefit Blog for lists and lists of other auctions to check out today.

33 comments:

POPIN Sisters said...

WOW - let me just start the bidding for the guitar - $300 What a great cause! ~Jamie

mamaste said...

...and i'll start at $150 for item #2...

Bek said...

I'll push the guitar up to 350$

Anonymous said...

$150 for item #3

hilari said...

item #2 $175.00

Jamie said...

Sorry I'm not putting in a bid, but just wanted to check and make sure you posted about this on the Maroon 5 fan sites - I think you could potentially push up the bidding? You've probably already done it, but I wanted to make sure you covered all the bases...

Michael Barber said...

#2...Up to $200.00

Anonymous said...

What kind of guitar is it?

steve u. said...

Item #3: $175

Good luck!

Lisa said...

I don't know what kind of guitar it is (yet), I'm pretty sure its electric, but I'll find out the brand. . .

Michael Barber said...

Lisa, I am just want to confirm #2 and #3 are two tickets per package. Let us know.

Thanks!

Colby Alexander said...

#3 $250 Thank you for doing this!!

Lisa said...

Yes.

#2 is two tickets

#3 is two tickets

POPIN Sisters said...

#1 - $375.00

Bek said...

400$ on the guitar

Eryn said...

Just wanted to tell everyone that the Maroon5/Counting Crows tour these tickets are for is an AMAZING concert. I know that the tickets for our show were running us $125 (plus fees) A PIECE. I'm not sure where these are located, but I would jump on these if I had more than oh....$26 in the bank.

<3 Maroon 5, and even more so now that I see what you've got going on here! Sending my warm wishes and hopes to Stephanie.

Anonymous said...

#2 - $250

Michael Barber said...

$275 for #2

Shawn said...

I wish that I had the money to bid...

What a great idea!

I just wanted to let you know that I gave the only thing that I can give right now, besides my prayers---a blog written to recognize Nie Nie day and to tell anyone that reads my blog---which isn't much---but for what it is worth, to visit the various sites for auctions, etc.

I hope it helps.
Visit www.swaneesinger.blogspot.com
to see my blog entry.

Love you guys---your family is in our daily prayers!

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

$300. for #2

Leslie said...

I have been amazed at the number of auctions going on... just wanted to post about a few more that are happening: http://wearetheraddest.blogspot.com/
www.entertainingformonkeys.blogspot.com

Michael Barber said...

#3 $300

Anonymous said...

could you post info on the guitar?

Candace said...

I'll go $500 for the guitar, Thanks!
-Candace

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My daughter who is an active blogger in her own right sent me this link. I think you guys are fantastic and will happily raise the bid on the guitar to $600.

Kaylyn said...

If you are interested in custom blog headers to help out the Nielson's check out www.headersfornienie.blogspot.com
Thanks!! Keep those bids climbing! :o)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I found your blog through Jay's sister and it has been fun reading it-now I remember why Jay loved hanging out with you guys so much. So sorry to hear about Stephanie, but glad to hear that she is making progress. Good luck with the auctions, if I played the guitar or lived in Phoenix, I would bid, and Jay really wants Christopher to write a blog about him, but it got a little pricey-which is great! Take care!

Ashley Madsen said...

Wow! So Impressed with all the responses on the auctions. I have some autographed sports things on my blog being auctioned off, and MORE TO COME!!! People keep calling to donate which is amazing. I don't have much traffic going to my blog so I was wondering if you have any suggestions to sway some people over? Anything will help to raise this money for the Nielsons. (I know a lot of Christian's siblings)

http://ashmadsen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love Nie Nie and love Maroon 5!
$700 for the guitar.

Anonymous said...

$800 for the guitar

Anonymous said...

$810 for the guitar

Anonymous said...

$826 for the guitar